Thursday, April 8, 2010

Drive to Houston and EASTER!!


As many of you know Jeff and I were recently transfered to Houston!! We are so excited!! Before we left we got a chance to hang out with our friends from the NICU one last time!! Everytime we get together I'm always just amazed at how far all these little guys have come. It's hard to believe that not a single one of these boys started higher than 3 pounds!!!




We met at Lori's house and it was a nice day so we were able to play outside with all their fun stuff! (the playhouse was a hit)


Reed had a great time pushing his friend Whitt around the yard.



Did I mention there was a trampoline too!!!!! We slept great that night!



This is the coolest swing set too. I can't wait until we get into a new house and get one. The boys had a blast and didn't want to leave.



The view of the mountains from our house. I was walking Archie for the last time before we left on our drive down to Houston and it just hit me that this is really really pretty and I might miss it a little (a very little).
I also had a chance to visit with my good friends one last time before we left. I just love these girls!! I'm really going to miss them. Thanks for all the fun times guys. Come see me in Houston soon. (Krystal and Laurie)


In preparation for our trip I tried to get the boys to use headphones. They love the DVD players in the car and I was really hoping they would work so that I wouldn't have to hear Mickey and Cailou for 22 hours!!!!!


It worked like a charm and they got really good at it. (Reed man)


Archie rode down with us since we were driving. Archie has a bad habit of pantting when he is nervous or anxious. I was worried about this tendency of his on a 22 hour drive. Boy was I right. He got his act together later on in the drive but the first couple of hours he almost got left on the side of the road.
The boys did really well in the car and did a good job of making the most of our stops. Here they are playing in the rocks in the Mc Donalds parking lot. It was our last stop before we arrived at our stop for the night, Santa Rosa New Mexico!!

Santa Rosa had a lot to choose from. We decided to go with Denny's! The boys haven't eaten at a restaurant since they were a lot younger. They did really well and managed to keep it cool while we waited for our food.
They sat in boosters instead of high chairs (big guys) and picked their own choices off the menu!!


The next day we left just as early as we did the first (4 am) and we were in Texas before we knew it. (Grant watching Mickey)

For lunch we decided to stop at a rest stop instead of a fast food place. The weather was really nice and this way they got to run all around.
It was so nice to be able to be in SHORTS!! Especially since we literally left Salt Lake in a snow storm.


We finally made it to HOUSTON!!! It was really nice to see Grangie, G-pa-pa, aunt Lacey, and Uncle Whitney. We were also greeted with the pack of dogs. Puppy, Annie, and Mia were all hapy to see that they boys were here and that they willingly share food.



Easter Sunday came quickly after we arrived!! The Easter bunny did too.


The boys looked so cute in their Easter outfits!! Happy Easter!!!

No comments: