Monday, August 17, 2009

August Days...


Things have been a little busy since we got back from Texas. But luckily the weather has been really really nice. Along with a sand table the boys got a picnic/water table from Grandpa and Emmy for their birthday. We have been LOVING it lately.


One of their favorite things to do it to take the water (one cup at a time) from the table to the plants to water them. It doesn't bother me because sure does occupy their time. :)




I would feel comfortable testifying in front of a grand jury that the boys hearing is 100%. They love the trash truck that comes every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. They can hear that truck as soon as it enters the complex and run around the house yelling "big truck, big truck, big truck" until I open the blinds and let them watch. They love to watch him dump his dumpster. So cute.


While we were in Texas the boys became fond of all the dogs. Grangie has Niki dog, Aunt Lacey and Uncle Whitney have Annie dog and Mimi dog. The boys named their dogs when we got home. Reed's (the blue one) is Niki dog and Grant's (Green one) is Mimi dog. They carry them all around the house and try to feed them. It's so cute to watch.




Lunch outside has been fun lately. The weather is so nice in the shade that we eat lunch almost every day out there. It's great.



Every morning I drink my coffee and read my book while the boys sit next to me and watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. So the other day I found Reed sitting on the couch (in the same spot) reading his book and eating his snack. What's the saying about imitation??




We have also recently discovered the joy that is the otter pop. I have been fighting the summer heat with the sprinklers in the backyard. And what goes better with a sprinkler than an otter pop?? (Grant)




We have a blast each afternoon playing in the sprinkler and with our water table. Rumor has it we have our cool pool from Texas coming to Salt Lake we are so lucky!!



My other discovery in Texas was that I can add "safety hinges" to the toy box. So after we got home I headed off to Lowe's to buy some. Jeff put them on for me and now we can leave the lid up safely. The funny part is that now the boys take all the toys out and sit in the box. But hey, it sure does keep them busy and quiet.



Since the boys are older we've been letting them walk with us on our walks instead of riding in their cars. They take turns walking Archie too. Archie is a good sport and Reed LOVES it.




The whole time we walk he just keeps saying, "come on Mister Archie" It's really really funny.



I don't know about anyone else, but one of my childhood memories is of push ups. I LOVED them. My dad would get a BIG box from Costco (Price Club back then) and we would just suck them down. I remember that there were several different flavors and we ate all the good ones first and orange was always last to get eaten. (Reed)

So yesterday while I was shopping for the week (alone and very happy) I found them in the freezer section and decided to pass on the tradition. (Grant)

So the boys and I had our push ups and then we had to rinse off in the hose. Gotta love summer!! (Reed)

No comments: