Thursday, January 15, 2009

What a Weekend!!

I really really thought I was losing my mind this past week/weekend. I would be upstairs with the boys and all of the sudden I would hear water running. Come to find out that those little trouble makers have learned how to turn on the tub.



Mainly it's Reed who is the faucet runner, and Grant is the helper. Grant throws things in the tub to get wet and Reed turns it on. So of course they have been told NO about this, but like any good mommy I took pictures first. :)


Grant was such a help while we were getting ready for my dad to come visit. I had a lot of cleaning to do so Grant helped me dust.



He had a little trouble with what needed dusting and what didn't (ie, Archie)

Dad came in on Friday night and we had a nice dinner out at Red Robin. Then on Saturday Grandma Emmy came in and we went to Gardener Village to walk around and have dinner. On Sunday we went to Discovery at the Gateway, a children's museum.


Jeff and I were a little bit nervous that there wouldn't be anything for the boys to do since they are so little. We were soooooo wrong!! It was a blast. The first area is called the bee hive. It's tons of clear tubes that kids can put plastic balls in to play with. (Above) Reed had a blast. In this pic he is just putting ball after ball down the tubes.



At the bottom, Grant had fun throwing the balls from one area to the next. There are very few places that we can take them that they can walk around and this was one. They had such a good time. It was such a treat, since it's so cold out, to just let them play.


In the next room there was a ton of dramatic play stuff. We were all walking toward the area designated for children under three, and I noticed that Grant wasn't with us. I looked back and he was mowing the carpet.




In the "under 3" area there were a bunch of mats for crawling and rolling. They also have a boat to play in and a slide.




This teeter-totter was a hit, until Reed didn't want to do it anymore.




The slide was more fun for Jeff and I. It was fun to watch the boys climb up and and slide down. Reed had a really hard time with the concept of climbing up on the side with the steps. He kept trying to climb on the smooth side and it was like a baby on a tred mill. SO funny. He would start screeching because he couldn't go anywhere.

Grant on the steps, Reed's off to the next thing.




The last station we visited was the water station. It was a series of bowls and tubes at the baby end. The boys loved putting these little clear balls in the tubes, but could NOT figure out where they were going after they dropped them in. (Reed)

They really didn't make a mess like I thought they were going to. The floor was a rubber mat so they didn't slip and they had a hand drier to dry off with. TOO Fun!! Upstairs was all big kid stuff including a life-flight helicopter. We had such a great time with my dad and Emmy. We can't wait for them to come back.

3 comments:

Krystal said...

I'm so glad my recommended entertainment wasn't a total bust for you guys! I'm glad you had fun, hopefully we can join you guys next time!

Laurie said...

Hope you don't mind my sister, Krystal is ALWAYS talking about your boys. I have been checking out your blog and your boys' history. It's nice to hear someone else's adventure of the NICU and beyond. Love it if we could talk one day!

Laurie said...

BTW your boys are ADORABLE!!!!