Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hallmark Open For Business


I realized the other day that one of my favorite holidays was quickly approaching. I LOVE valenitne's day and am steadfast in my effort to pass on my love to the boys. I'm not sure if it's all the pink and purple or if it's the candy and glitter, but I love it. So we decided to make some valentine's day cards for Jeff.





The boys have both been sick and this was one of the first days they were feeling better. We made some handprint cards and let them color the paper all by themselves. They had a blast.





The finished product. Grangie heard about the card shop and was interested. So we may have made some more for her and Auntie Lacey. We'll just have to see if Cupid comes through.






Our proud display of cards and decorations.




This card making has inspired a love of crayons and coloring in Grant. Yesterday we went to Wal-Mart so that he could get a Mickey coloring book and a "new box of crayons" just for him. He was sooooooooo excited. Mainly he just likes to name the colors and look at the paper. He doesn't do that much coloring. But he's so happy and occupied that I don't care. He will sit at the table for almost an hour just chatting about the crayons and his pictures. It's really cute.






Reed has started calling me and Jeff "honey". He will also tell Grant, "no Honey". when he asks for something. So I couldn't catch it without a prompt but you get the idea. He has also starting calling Jeff by "Jeff" instead of daddy. Jeff hates it but can't help but laugh. It's kind of hard to hear him but he says it. Also, Grant talking about his coloring enjoy!

No comments: