Thursday, February 19, 2009

Week of More Firsts


I just can't get over how much these guys are learning each day. Not always things I would like them to learn and/or figure out. Last week Reed finally decided that he would take his own diaper off. I ran down stairs to let the dog out and found this when I came back.




It's a little bit scary to know that this could be his new nap time trick. I just hope he doesn't figure that part out soon. Jeff is always tell me that they can do more than they are aware. I keep telling Jeff that I like it that way. :)




For Valentine's day we decided to do our first hand painting project for Jeff. Being a former teacher, I have learned that it's much better to have many handprints to choose from. So I did the boys hands several times on two sheets of paper.




This way I knew we'd have lots of choices.


What's a Valentine without glitter?? We were proud of the finished product.



I just hope he actually took them to work and not the trash at work.
Love was in the air this weekend. That's for sure. Archie has decided recently that he loves the babies and loves to snuggle when they have their night time bottle before bed. I think it's just because they're warm and still. (Reed)
Jeff decided that they boys needed a hair cut this weekend too. I was cleaning up the kitchen and I came into our bathroom to find him giving them a trim.


Reed's hair was the longest and had some curls on the back. But it was getting matted and gross so we had talked about cutting it. He got to go first.



Handsome guy!!! He was so good while daddy cut his hair.




Grant didn't need it as much but it was nice to clean up around his ears.


He was a lot harder to get still. He just didn't care for us touching his head. It all came out well though and they look so nice now.



Both the babies have discovered another love of mine, Lucky Charms. I put some in their snack cups when we ran out of cheerios. Well these two smarties decided that the marshmellows are the best, DUH. Reed sat on the floor for 20 min trying to dig them all out.


His hands were so sticky and so was his face (and shirt), but he managed to pick them all out. Then he fed the cereal part one by one to the dogs. They were more than happy about the recent love of Lucky Charms.

No comments: